Monday, October 23, 2006

A Shake Recipe

Mix 30MPH winds, 30 degree temperatures, falling snow, and a pinch of rock climbing. Stir well and what do you get? Sadly, its not a tasty milkshake, but rather Lee Payne and myself shaking our way up rock climbs at Carter Lake. Lee started off the day with a repeat of the impressive Dough Boy (V8ish, and quite spicy), and then we moved on to the Kahuna Roof boulder. While I groped the sweet sandstone holds of Super Chief, Lee tried a straight up variation project on the north west side of the boulder.

Super Chief went, but the project did not. It got cold as the sun descended from the sky, so we returned to the parking lot. The Larimer County police department had left a nice little present on the windshield of Lee's car. The $20 parking ticket wasn't the end of the world, but it did kind of kill the little bit of psych that remained in us. I suppose I'll just go ahead and pay the $5 fee next time. Or maybe, the next time I have a thirst for good sandstone, I'll just go to the south and actually satisfy that thirst!



Lee on His Project:

The one and only, Lee Payne: